"We manage risk issue and protect against fraud with detection, prevention and management tools"
RULES FOR MERCHANTS
MANUAL SALE GUIDE
- Approved: Card issuer approves the transaction. This is the most common response.
- Declined or Card Not Accepted: Card issuer does not approve the transaction. The transaction should not be completed.
- Call, Call Center or Referrals: Card issuer needs more information before approving the sale. You should cal your authorization center and follow whatever instructions you are given.
- Pick Up: Card issuer wants to recover the card. Do not complete the transaction.
If you're suspicious of a card or cardholder at anytime during a transaction authorization process, you will need to make Code 10.
- Ask the customer for card number, name and billing address for the card being used.
- Call your voice authorization center and say 'I have a Code 10 authorization request'.
- When connected to the special operator, answer all questions calmly.
- If all the information matches, you will have an Authorization Code. Otherwise, do not continue the sale and request another payment option.
*Although Code 10 is preventive measure, Code 10 does not guarantee that a transaction will not be disputed later.
To help reduce fraud for 'Card Absent Transactions', the major credit card companies implemented authentication system to ascertain if the credit card used in a transaction is actually in the possession of the owner. If CVV2/CVC2/CMID/CID does not match, the number given could be stolen and/or counterfeit card. You may need to request another form of payment.